Sunday 26 March 2017

Interviews and thoughts about my presentation

So I have just completed one of my final interviews and it was quite frustrating. I am currently living and performing in Spain and have learnt not to take internet connection for granted! Last week I lost internet in my housing and will not be able to get it back before the end of the course. Luckily I had completed most of my interviews before this happened. This meant I was able to conduct them when I knew the internet connection would be strong and the environment quiet and comfortable. Today I went to a local cafe which is know for its strong internet connection and where I have carried out Skype calls successfully in the past. However today that was not the case. I lost connection a few times and the sound was terrible. Adding to that the cafe was also very busy which did not help my already poor sound. My interview was great and patiently waited whilst I solved the problems as best I could and we did manage to complete the interview. I have one interview left taking place tomorrow and will be looking for a new location quick!

Today's experience has also made me look towards the oral presentation we must do. I recently had a tutorial with Paula and we discussed my poor internet connection. I will not be England for the presentations so will be giving mine via Skype. Paula suggested that I ask a friend that has internet in their house if I can carry out my presentation there. After today's experience I think this will be vital. I will also try to go there beforehand to try out the connection so as to avoid anymore problems! Has anyone else had similar experiences with technology? I would love to know how people are dealing with any obstacles with this part of the course.

1 comment: