Sunday 9 April 2017

Chat with Megan 09/04/17

So this morning I was able to catch up with Megan and discuss where we are at with our work. This was reassuring for me as I had to miss the group session this week due to my rehearsal schedule so it was great to touch base and share ideas and feelings on our work.

We started our conversation discussing where we are at with our critical review. Megan is in a similar position as myself in that we have lots of information but are struggling to get it down on paper. The struggle is how to organise our thoughts so that they make sense and cover all that they need to. Megan said that it is important to remember that we know everything about our inquiries because we are the ones carrying it out however the person reading our review needs to understand the basis of the inquiry and also where every idea has come from in order for it to all link together and make sense. She mentioned that she has started to organise her work by writing down the headings of the review and writing notes underneath. I think this is a great idea to enable a well structured piece of writing.

We also touched on the session I missed and the discussions that took place about the professional artefact. We have both taken time to look at previous examples of artefacts on blogs and YouTube and are both considering a video for our own work. I need to brainstorm on the style and structure so that it directly relates to my workplace and review so that it is beneficial to my fellow practitioners. Megan spoke about comments Adesola had made that the artefact is not about displaying what you have found but taking people through the steps of your inquiry. I am struggling with this concept slightly as I feel that by covering the steps of the inquiry I will be displaying the information I have found. Any help or ideas from others will be greatly appreciated!

Megan and I have common ground in our inquiries as I am looking at the rehearsal process for Musical Theatre work and Megan interdisciplinary skills in Musical Theatre production. From this we have both been looking at team work. It was great to share ideas and thoughts and since the chat I have looked over Megan's blogs on team work which were very interesting.

It was a great start to my Sunday's day of work and am looking forward to the progress in my work from the discussions we had.

1 comment:

  1. Great that you can connect with someone about your inquiry on this course. I have connected with ex students as their inquiry were similar to mine. Great read!

    ReplyDelete