Friday 7 October 2016

Module Two - Developing lines of inquiry

If you have taken the time to read some of my previous blog posts you will notice that there is a very big time gap between this post and my previous one! Since the end of Module One and receiving my results I have been continuing with the work I built upon in the module and developing my career in the meantime. I have read the Module Two handbook and readers and for sometime been thinking of possible inquiry and question options. However I struggle to consolidate these ideas into blog posts to then share with my fellow peers. I have notepad after notepad of jotted ideas, diagrams and lists but often feel uneasy about how to portray them in a post. This is something I need to improve upon in order to be a part of a successful SIG this module!

My struggles initiated a line of thought which could lead to a possible inquiry. I began to think about the relationship between motivation and independent learning. As a self employed performer and teacher most of my work is self-motivated and relies entirely on my own decision making. I want to look at what triggers there are for self-motivation and the affects this can have your work. Here are some questions I have developed.

What different methods are there to discover what inspires and motivates your work?

What effect would discovering what motivates me have on the work I do?

Are there any changes I could implement in my work once I discover these motivating factors?

Would changing the way I think about my own work process effect the people I work with amd the work they produce?

Now I have developed a line of thought for inquiry I am going to  research in order to develop some further ideas. I have been in contact with a fellow BAPP Module Two student Lizzie and have arranged a Skype session for next week. I look forward to developing my ideas over the weekend, sharing them with her and seeing what we can develop together.

1 comment:

  1. Chloe - good to se this process unfolding - motivation is good to know a bit about any way - Ryan and Deci are good t explaining https://selfdeterminationtheory.org/SDT/documents/2000_RyanDeci_IntExtDefs.pdf - intrinsic motivation etc. - I see in the next blog this has been focused a bit - but the great part of having the process unfold is that earlier goals and thinking (research) can be incorporated into the final inquiry plan.

    ReplyDelete